Canister vacuums are a versatile cleaning tool. They’re easy to use, environmentally friendly, lightweight, and most importantly, work quietly compared to upright models.
Purchasing a new canister vacuum cleaner probably seems like a simple task, but once you start to explore all of the options, features, brands and accessories, the process can quickly become overwhelming.
Best Canister Vacuum of 2020
After spending hours on researching, I came up with a list of the best canister vacuums based on rating, performance and budget considerations, which you can buy right now.
|Machine Name||Type||Weight||Cord Length||Price|
|Miele Compact C1 pure suction|
|Bagged||14.8 lbs||21 feet||Check Price|
|Bissell Deluxe 1161||Lightweight, Compact||9.1 lbs||16 feet||Check Price|
|Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal||Bagless||17.64 lbs||35 feet||Check Price|
|Miele Compact C2 Electro+||Bagless||10 lbs||20 feet||Check Price|
|Bissell Zing Bagged||Bagged||8 lbs||17 feet||Check Price|
|Eureka Mighty Mite||Lightweight, Compact||11.6 lbs||20 feet||Check Price|
Reviews of Top Rated Canister Vacuums
Miele’s least expensive canister vacuum, with high quality features
- Air cleaned seal system
- 1200W Vortex motor for powerful suction
- Super Quiet Operation
- Bag Full indicator
- Adjustable 6 power settings
- 360-degree wheels
- Weighs only 14.8 lbs.
- Ideal for bare floors, hardwood floors, tile, and low pile carpets
- Sbd 285-3 rug & floor combination nozzle
2. Miele Electro+
This Miele canister vacuum is a powerful product that is designed to make life easier for houseproud homeowners. This is a premium high-end multi floor canister vacuum with 2 floor tools.
The Miele Electro+ is more of a multipurpose unit compared to the Miele C2 Hard floor. However, with the addition of several useful features, the C2 compact stands out as one of the highest rated canister vacuum cleaners available in the market right now.
Powered by a 1200W engine, the suction quality is excellent. This makes it good for picking up even the most resistant dirt particles with utmost ease. The electro brush tool is what makes the Miele C2 truly stand out. The motor situated in the floor head used to spin the brush around makes it ideal for effortlessly cleaning up pretty much any type of carpet or floor rug. It also features a Parquet brush tool for hard floor surfaces. It also features an upholstery tool that is great for cleaning padded sofas and armchairs.
Another interesting feature is the crush-proof hose which is incredibly resistant meaning it shows no signs of damage when stepped on.
It has a retractable cord and a significantly large dust capacity of 3.5 liters. This can take several weeks for it to completely fill up thereby saving you the need to repeatedly empty the bin and clean it up.
The dust bag is fully sealed and the unit uses HEPA exhaust filters to ensure that none of the debris or unfiltered air escapes out. This, in turn, helps maintain a healthy and clean indoor air quality and is a major boon for users with allergies and respiratory illnesses.
As its name suggests, the Miele Compact C2 Electro+ is relatively small in size and also lightweight (9.39 pounds). Thus, it can be easily carried around and lugged up the stairs. It also offers a 33 feet cleaning radius which is great for saving time.
To add to all of this, the Miele operates at a noise level of 66 decibels, hardly causing any loud or disruptive sound.
The only downside is the somewhat sturdy build of the hose which makes it a bit hard to handle when vacuuming along the edges.
All things considered, it is definitely a strong contender for the best canister vacuum cleaner and is worth every penny.
3. Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal – Best for pet hairs
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal is designed for households with pets that shed hair frequently. It is able to remove fine dust and pet hair from carpets and other surfaces with ease. It has an articulating handle that provides easy and versatile cleaning. The handle can rotate 360 degrees allowing you greater control while cleaning. Its carbon fiber turbine floor tool removes dirt from carpets and fine dust from hard.
Remove dirt, dust, pet hair, and allergens with the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal canister vacuum cleaner. This Dyson canister vac is perfect for pet owners.
4. Bissell Deluxe – Best for Hardwood Floors
This is a corded hard floor canister vacuum with impressive features. It is powerful enough to give hard wood and other types of floors a thorough clean yet gentle enough to clean delicate surfaces. Aside from that, it can be efficient when cleaning rugs, and low pile carpets.
This vacuum is equipped with suction settings to give you control when it comes to the power it has to clean. Another is its automatic height adjustment capacity to help you comfortably clean hardwood floors and different surfaces.
It has soft non-marking rubber wheels complete with felt treads. It is lightweight and easy to move from one room to another in your home. Bissell Deluxe comes with fingertip controls that you can use to control suction for safe cleaning on delicate surfaces such as drapes and upholstery. The product has extra soft bristles that provide a deeper clean as well as a host of other useful tools for fast and easy hardwood floor cleaning. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
5. Bissell Zing 4122 – Best Budget Bagged Canister Vacuum
One of the most lightweight model maybe, this Bissell Zing bagged canister vacuum weighs a good 12.5 pounds, and is flexible in terms of handling. This model features powerful suction that cleans dirt effectively on carpets and bare floors.
As the name of the product indicates, it is a bagged canister vacuum, wherein it is using a paper bag to store all the dirt and easily dispose of it. Also, when it comes to performance, this canister vacuum has quite a strong suction to effectively clean edges.
Owners have observed that even though it has a strong suction, this vacuum cannot help when it comes to cleaning any pet hair left on your furniture. Also, it is not equipped with a motorized brush, which may affect your carpet cleaning session.
Aside from the small spaces, vacuums are most likely to be used on carpeted areas. With this not having a motorized brush, it may not be as effective when used on carpets, so you will not be that assured about having dust totally cleaned off. Another thing is that you will want to use this in its full- capacity, but doing so, it may lead to releasing a loud noise.
Overall, I’d recommend this inexpensive bagged canister vacuum if your home mainly has hardwood/tile/bare floors, and small carpeted area. If using on hardwood floors, be sure to the softer brush attachments made of “horse hair” so you don’t scratch them.
6. Eureka Mighty Mite 3670G – Best Inexpensive Canister Vacuum
Eureka Mighty Mite is one of the most compactly designed, easily handled, maneuverable vacuum. It is lightweight, has excellent suction and it is easy to use. It can be used for both home and car cleaning.
With a compact size, this vacuum is equipped with a good 12 amp motor to help you clean your floors in no time. Plus, for a more convenient cleaning process, this machine will give you a good 20-foot long cord to comfortably clean your whole space. Plus, it automatically shuts off so you do not have to worry about any intensive electrical damage due to overheating.
With the positives, come the negatives. This unit is not that great for carpets due to the fact it does not have actual spinning brushes. One downside is the hoses get kinked up when they get a little old. Somewhat noisy; If the disruptive sound is a problem for you, you may want to look for a different model.
See our full review: eureka mighty mite review
Why Use Canister Vacuum?
First and foremost, let me clarify the difference between a canister vacuum and an upright vacuum cleaner, as you may be thinking of the other. The main difference between the two is that a canister vacuum is placed behind you while the latter is always in front while being used.
Although, the type of vacuum you will be using is totally dependable on what you prefer, but why should you consider using a canister vacuum right?
For some reasons, such as it may tend to be smaller in size but with a longer hose to enable you to reach small spaces efficiently. Another reason is for convenience, a canister vacuum will not be requiring you to change hose when you switch from floors to dusting, unlike when using an upright vacuum.
If you are a mom, or simply someone who does not like the noise a regular vacuum commonly releases, then the canister vacuum is the one for you as it tends to be much quieter.
Signs You Need A Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Okay, so maybe you are not yet totally sold on the reasons why using a canister vacuum may be good and beneficial for you, but have you taken into consideration that maybe there had been signs that are leading you to even considering the possibility of it?
If you are not sure, then here are some of a tell on whether or not your surrounding had been conspiring to lead you to use this canister vacuum.
- Capacity to move under heavy furniture
- Sensitivity to dust allergy
- If your home or the space that you will be cleaning has a couple of staircases that needs cleaning
These are the outright signs that you may actually need to consider using a canister vacuum for some reasons like, they can help you easily reach the areas under some furniture like your bed that can be hard to move.
Another is that canister vacuums can be light in weight so it is much easier for you to carry them around your house.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing
Here is the thing, canister vacuums may not be for everyone. Especially if you are looking for something with a larger dirt bag, or depending on your preference.
However, if you have had decided that it is actually for you, here are other factors you may want to check first before fully investing on the product:
- Purpose. In every item you buy, you should know what their purpose is. How will they be beneficial to you and your needs? By knowing the main reason why you will be purchasing a vacuum cleaner, you will be able to filter out better which type is best suited for your needs.
- Cost. Of course, your budget is one of the main factors you have to consider when buying any appliance. This will give you a price limit, and help you better filter out what the best ones are within your capacity. Also, by cost, it means you have to take into consideration whether or not it is durable enough to give your money’s worth or will it potentially cost you to drop more money when it comes to repairs.
- Performance or Suction Power. Okay, this one may be a little technical for the average Joe, but the suction power is an important consideration to take as it will help you determine the vacuum’s capacity when it comes to cleaning out dirt.
- Filtration System. Another important factor to check is the vacuum’s filtration system, as this will help ensure that anything that had been sucked in while you clean will remain inside. This will keep your air from having any uncontrolled contaminants. Aside from that, your filters may be a part of a system to help better its maintenance, thus helping prolong the product life and its efficiency.
- With or Without Bag. Deciding on whether or not you should choose to use a disposable bag is an option you can, later on, decide maybe or right ahead, if you already have an experience. The hassle of cleaning your dirty chamber once in a while may be okay with you, but if not, you may be comfortable with having a disposable bag ready to be thrown away every after you clean. Totally up to you.
- Hose and Nozzle Length. Using a vacuum cleaner, you have a notion in mind that you will be given enough capability to reach impossible or small spaces which you cannot usually reach in a manual sweeping. You must always see to it that the length of your hose and nozzle is long enough to reach a good distance under the furniture.
- Noise Level. For some, cleaning the house is done usually when their kid is sleeping, or simply on their free time. You will want a machine that will not be bothering anyone, even you when you clean. Canister vacuums tend to be much quieter than an upright vacuum.
- Consumer review. One of the best references to guide you when choosing the units and even brands is by reading the reviews that other consumers had done. This will give you a better grasp on what the product specs are, and what you may expect.
- Warranty. Of course, with any gadget and appliance, you should consider the warranty that they are given. This will protect you from purchasing any defective unit or simply from further spending for repairs when your unit is new.
When choosing the right canister vacuum for you, keep in mind the criteria and factors that will contribute to any aspect of the purchase. You want to look for a worthwhile investment that will help you lessen thing or spaces that will or may require manual cleaning. Hope you like our best canister vacuum 2020 list.
Investing on a vacuum means investing on your health too, so choose wisely.
Last Updated on